Mandarin Magic Jacket
Meet The Expert
Lena Skvagerson is lead designer for Annie's exclusive pattern collection, Annie's Signature Designs. Lena is also producer and one of the hosts of Annie's popular TV show Knit and Crochet Now! Lena was born and raised in Sweden. She learned to crochet and knit at age 5, made her first sweater by the time she turned 15, and created her first knitwear collection at age 17!... Full bio »
View other episodes by Lena Skvagerson »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Lena Skvagerson demonstrates how to crochet the Mandarin Magic Jacket.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Adjust the pattern to make the correct finished garment size.
- Crochet decreases and increases in stitches to shape the sides of the jacket.
- Shape the bust.
- Make set-in sleeves.
- Assemble the crochet pieces.
- Complete the Magic Mandarin Jacket!
Finished Size: Instructions given fit woman's size small; changes for medium, large, X-large and 2X-large are in [ ].
Bust: 33 inches (small) [38 inches (medium), 42 1/2 inches (large), 47 inches (X-large), 51¾ inches (2X-large)]
Length: 22 1/2 inches (small) [23 inches (medium), 23 1/2 inches (large), 24 inches (X-large), 24 1/2 inches (2X-large)]
- Berroco Blackstone Tweed medium (worsted) weight wool/mohair/angora yarn (13/4 oz/130 yds/100g per ball): 11 [12, 13, 13, 14] balls #2669 plum
- Sizes G/6/4mm and H/8/5mm crochet hooks or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle