Feathered Bear Wall Hanging: Part 1
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally demonstrates how to get started on this beautiful quilt.
In this Part 1 of 2 online video classes, you’ll learn how to:
- Cut left and right diamonds for star points.
- Create the bear claw block with half-square triangles and a 4-patch.
- Add sawtooth border around the bear paw block.
- Join half-square triangles to larger triangle to make feathered star points.
Finished Size: 60" x 60"
- ¾ yd dark fabric (D)
- 1½ yds medium dark fabric (MD)
- ½ yd medium light fabric (ML)
- ¾ yd light fabric (L1)
- ¾ yd fabric light fabric (L2)
- 2½ yds background fabric
- ½ yd binding fabric
- 5 yds backing fabric
- Basic sewing supplies and tools