Tunisian Crochet in the Round: Penny’s Tote Part 1
Meet The Expert
Rohn Strong is a crochet and knitwear designer and yarn spinner who has been crocheting since he was 6 years old. His designs reflect a desire to push the boundaries of the crafts. He has instructed several Annie's video classes and has designed numerous patterns for Annie's. His patterns have appeared in both Crochet! and Crochet World magazines. Rohn has also taught many... Full bio »
View other episodes by Rohn Strong »
In this three-part Crochet Skill Builders online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Rohn Strong demonstrates how to work Tunisian crochet stitches in the round. You'll then apply the skills learned to begin to stitch the multi-colored Penny's Hook & Yarn Tote, a handy bag for carrying all your supplies for on-the-go stitching.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Read the Penny's Yarn & Tote Bag crochet pattern.
- Choose the best hook for working Tunisian crochet in the round.
- Select a beautiful self-striping yarn for the bag.
- Learn the Tunisian crochet stitches used in the bag.
- Begin the tote bag project.
Finished Size: 45" x 55"
- Premier Yarns Sweet Roll medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (5 oz/245 yds/140g per ball): 1 skein #1047-12 frosty swirl (A) Premier Yarns Anti-Pilling Everyday Soft Worsted medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (3˝ oz/180 yds/100g per ball): 2 skeins #100-01 snow white (B)
- Size K/101/2/6.5mm regular crochet hook
- Interchangeable Tunisian crochet hooks sizes L/11/8mm and K/101/2/6.5mm on opposite ends of 16-inch connecting
- cable or sizes needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- 1-inch button: 1 (optional)