As the founder of Annie's once said, "If you can hold a pencil, you can learn to crochet!" Today is the day you learn how to crochet and discover a relaxing hobby you'll enjoy for life! Join crochet instructor Ellen Gormley as she makes learning how to crochet fun and easy. In this online video class from Annie's, Ellen demonstrates how to crochet all the basic stitches for both right- and left-handers!
With this all-new Annie's Online Class, you will quickly learn all the basics of crochet, from how to hold the yarn and hook to crocheting all the basic stitches, including chain stitches, slip stitches, single crochet, half-double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, clusters, shells and even post stitches. Soon you'll be crocheting delightful items to make as gifts, to decorate your home, and simply put, to impress family and friends! And you'll love how portable crochet is -- it's perfect for always having a project with you on the go. In this class, you'll learn:
- All about different yarns, crochet hooks and basic notions
- How to comfortably hold a crochet hook and the yarn
- Tips to working a chain loosely
- Basic stitches, including chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half-double crochet, double crochet, treble crochet, shells, clusters and post stitches
- How to work in rows and rounds
- How to increase and decrease
- How to crochet a basic motif for creating a baby blanket or afghan
Discover how easy it is to crochet with Annie's Online Classes today!
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annieĺs online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.