Do you struggle with knowing how to substitute yarns in a crochet pattern when you can't find the exact same yarn listed? Yarn substitution can be confusing, but with the expert guidance of instructor Robyn Chachula, you will soon understand how to easily choose and substitute yarns.
Join Robyn as she unlocks the mystery of yarn substitution. Learn how to choose the best yarn for any projectŚgarments, home decor items, bags and more. Discover how to decipher yarn labels to find the fiber content, yardage and weight, and discover which of these attributes is the most important. You'll see which yarns drape well, which are light and cool, and which are durable. And, you'll learn which versatile yarn has the same qualities as either wool or cotton!
In this video class you'll learn how to:
- Recognize the 3 families of yarn: plant, animal and acrylic.
- Know when to substitute between yarn families, and when not to.
- Determine which yarns drape the best for garments.
- Tell which yarns are more durable and long-lasting.
- Select a yarn that showcases the stitch pattern.
- Choose yarns to avoid wool allergies.
- Work a beautiful lattice stitch pattern.
- Make 3 exclusive crochet patterns: Light & Lacy Purse, Lattice Stitch Pillow and Raspberry Cowl.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.