Few crochet stitches have intrigued crocheters like the Bavarian stitch! This beautiful, two-round stitch comprised of treble shells and decreases allows you to crochet harmonious and striking color combinations. Expert crocheter Jenny King, the discoverer of this mystery stitch, traveled all the way from Australia to Annie's studio to create this class. With Aussie humor and friendliness, she'll take you, step-by-step, through the technique of how to master this impressive stitch.
Crochet along with Jenny King as she demonstrates how to work the stitch in various ways starting with the easiest method, working in rounds. As you progress through the class, you'll learn the techniques to work in strips and in a square to create the seven exclusive projects showcased in this video. In this class, you'll learn:
- The fascinating mystery behind the Bavarian stitch and how Jenny discovered it
- How to work the basic Bavarian stitch
- How to work in the round to create a stretchy headband
- How to work in strips to stitch a pretty cowl, scarf and shrug
- How to work in a square to create blankets, sweaters and more
- How to crochet a headband, coordinating cloche and neck warmer, scarf, shrug, baby blanket and baby sweater, all in Bavarian crochet
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.