Now you can learn the Japanese art form of amigurumi! Amigurumi are huggable knit or crocheted stuffed animals with large heads and sweet personalities. In this class, beginner through experienced knitters will learn dozens of tips and tricks for knitting, stuffing, assembling and adding embroidered accents to create four exclusive class projects -- Billy Bunny, Daisy Dog, Mr. Mouse and Miss Kitty. Instructor Michele Wilcox is known for her whimsical and heartwarming stuffed animal designs. In this class, she’ll demonstrate her tried-and-true techniques for knitting amigurumi step-by-step. As an added bonus, she’ll also demonstrate how to knit four interchangeable outfits for dressing each animal.
In this class you’ll learn:
- How to knit 4 huggable and lovable amigurumi -- Billy Bunny, Daisy Dog, Mr. Mouse and Miss Kitty -- and their interchangeable outfits
- Basic knitting skills including casting on and binding off, knitting, purling and basic increasing and decreasing
- How to stuff and shape knit animals
- How to insert safety eyes
- Simple embroidery stitches for facial features and clothing accents
Children of all ages will love playing with and dressing each delightful amigurumi!
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.