Tatting has been around for over 200 years and continues to be a treasured needlecraft and art many crocheters, knitters and other stitchers enjoy. You, too, can learn this delicate and elegant craft with the clear and detailed video instruction taught by Learn to Tat author Janette Baker. Janette's method of teaching traditional shuttle tatting applies to both right and left-handed people.
With just a few basic supplies in hand, Janette will clearly and easily demonstrate for you all the beginning tatting skills and techniques including:
- Tatting supplies you'll need How to read tatting patterns and charts
- How to properly hold and wind the shuttle and thread
- How to tat the double stitch
- How to create tatted rings
- How to add picots to rings
- How to join rings together
- How to tat consecutive rings into pretty trims
- How to make chains
- How to add beads to tatting
No previous crochet or needlework experience is needed to take and enjoy this beginner-level class.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annieĺs online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.