To see a complete materials list for all class projects, download this Class Materials
Cross stitch is a time-honored needlecraft that has been popular for hundreds of years. Now you can discover the appeal of this traditional craft that has endured the test of time. Join expert Belinda Karls-Nace as she explores and explains the art of counted cross stitch. From a thorough explanation of fabrics, threads, needles and notions, to demonstrations on completing all the various cross stitches and French knots, Belinda explains this needlecraft in outstanding detail, making it easy for anyone to learn.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Read a cross stitch chart and written pattern
- Work cross stitches in two different technique
- Work extra stitches of the craft including partial stitches, backstitches and French knots
- Hoop the fabric
- Choose materials for stitching your projects
- Stitch designs in single colors and multiple colors
- Personalize your projects
- Stitch the exclusive class projects including Springtime Magnets, Summertime Treasure Boxes, Autumn Greeting Card, Winter Hoop Ornaments and Seasonal Sampler
No previous needlecraft experience is required to successfully complete this video and exclusive class projects.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.