In this class, Nancy will begin by explaining the best materials for hand-lettering that are readily available and affordable. Next, you'll start by drawing a foundation alphabet, upper and lowercase. Then she'll show you, step-by-step, how to draw seven creative alphabets: Starry Alphabet, Stitched Line Alphabet, Curly-Q Alphabet, Fancy Nancy Alphabet, Springy Alphabet, Candy Stripe Alphabet and Dipped Alphabet. In this class, you'll learn:
- How to draw 7 original Nancy Burke alphabets
- How to center lettering on a project
- Which drawing materials are the best value
- How to add decorative flourishes to your lettering
- How to embellish letters with watercolor pencils or blending markers
- How to angle letters to create different looks from whimsical to elegant
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annieĺs online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.