Quilters don't need to choose between machine quilting and hand quilting—you can do both! Many machine quilters are discovering the rhythm and relaxation that comes with hand quilting their sewn-together projects. In this class, quilters of all types and experience levels will gain valuable insight from expert Pepper Cory into traditional and modern hand quilting styles and techniques.
This class includes step-by-step instructions and diagrams for completing three exclusive quilting projects: Flagstones & Heather Quilt, Modern Twist Table Runner and Sashiko-Style Pillow.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose which materials and marking tools work best for hand quilting.
- Choose a design to complement your quilt.
- Transfer a design onto your quilt with marking tools.
- Keep all three layers together with pin and thread basting.
- Size and customize a stencil design to your quilt.
- Create a paper model of your border design.
- Keep your back and body comfortable during quilting.
- Work the rocking stitch and make small, even stitches.
- Work the Sashiko-inspired big stitch, also called utility quilting.
- Impress judges at quilt shows with Pepper's "5 E's of Quilting."
- And much more!
Quilters able to complete confident beginner level projects will successfully be able to learn the skills and techniques taught in this class.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.