To see a complete materials list for all class projects, download this Class Materials
They're fun. Casual. Convenient. And in style. With extra-long straps to comfortably drape across your body, crossbody bags are perfect for an afternoon of shopping or a lively night out on the town. You'll love wearing this designer crossbody bag. It's sleek shape hugs your body keeping your hands free while also making a fashion statement as the perfect accessory. It's also the perfect size for holding an electronic tablet such as an iPad or Kindle.
This Annie's video class is taught by sewing expert Nancy Green, owner of Pink Sand Beach Designs, a company that specialized in bag patterns and kits. Join Nancy as she demonstrates step by step how to cut, sew and finish this crossbody bag made with stunning batiks and quality fusibles. Her exclusive crossbody bag design includes a back zippered pocket for your cell phone, an inside lining with extra pockets, a secure top zippered closure and straps you can adjust to suit your body height.
In this class you'll learn:
- How to choose the perfect fabrics for your bag
- How to perfectly measure and cut fabric pieces
- An easy zipper technique beginner's will love
- How to create a lined zippered pocket
- How to sew an inside lining with pockets
- How to sew straps with swivel hooks and D-rings
- How to adjust the strap size to suit your height
- How to use fusible materials including fleece and heavy-weight stabilizer to give your bag shape that will last for years
Beginner sewers who can thread their machine and sew a straight line will be able to successfully complete this class.
Annie's online classes include downloadable and printable class patterns in PDF format in addition to the online video content. You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.