Mandala Granny Afghan: Part 1
Meet The Expert
Toni Lipsey is the designer and instructor behind TL Yarn Crafts. She strives to inspire othersí creativity through online tutorials and modern, approachable crochet patterns. Toni learned to crochet from her mother as a teenager and has been exploring the possibilities of yarn ever since. She is currently obsessed with making shawls in fun shapes and cozy sweaters. Follow her... Full bio »
View other episodes by Toni Lipsey »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Toni Lipsey demonstrates the fun stitches and textures of the Mandala Granny Afghan which complement the bold colors of the motif. This fun-to-crochet afghan begins in rounds, uses rows for the corners and returns to rounds for the edging.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Walk through how to crochet the motif.
- Work rounds 1 to 12 for block one.
- Change colors using the chart in the pattern.
- Red Heart Super Saver medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (7 oz/364 yds/198g per skein): 2 skeins #385 royal, 1 skein each #321 gold, #356 amethyst, #376 burgundy, #506 pool, #726 coral, #776 dark orchid, #1101 dark jade and #3945 blue suede
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle