Shells & Pineapples Hat & Scarf
Meet The Expert
Toni Lipsey is the designer and instructor behind TL Yarn Crafts. She strives to inspire othersí creativity through online tutorials and modern, approachable crochet patterns. Toni learned to crochet from her mother as a teenager and has been exploring the possibilities of yarn ever since. She is currently obsessed with making shawls in fun shapes and cozy sweaters. Follow her... Full bio »
View other episodes by Toni Lipsey »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, crochet expert Toni Lipsey teaches how to crochet this wintry two-piece set. The hat is worked from the top-down and the scarf pattern calls for working on opposite sides of the chain.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Crochet six special stitches, including the V-stitch.
- Work on opposite sides of beginning chain.
- Make the Shells & Pineapples Hat and Scarf.
- Red Heart Colorscape medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (3 1/2 oz/187 yds/100g per ball): 2 balls #9431 Munich
- Sizes I/9/5.5mm and J/10/6mm crochet hooks or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle