Meet The Expert
Toni Lipsey is the designer and instructor behind TL Yarn Crafts. She strives to inspire others’ creativity through online tutorials and modern, approachable crochet patterns. Toni learned to crochet from her mother as a teenager and has been exploring the possibilities of yarn ever since. She is currently obsessed with making shawls in fun shapes and cozy sweaters. Follow her... Full bio »
View other episodes by Toni Lipsey »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, expert crocheter Toni Lipsey rolls out the process to crochet the rows on each side of the center foundation chain to create a rhythm to work.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Work on both sides of the foundation chain.
- Crochet a six-row repeat and two special stitches.
- Finish the ‘70s-Inspired Throw with fringe.
- Red Heart Super Saver medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (7 oz/364yds/198g per skein): 2 skeins each #365 coffee and #332 ranch red
- 1 skein each #505 Aruba sea and #726 coral
- Red Heart With Love medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (7 oz/370 yds/198g per skein): 1 skein #1601 lettuce
- Size J/10/6mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle