Meet The Expert
Kim is a mother to 4 sporty, smelly and sweet boys ranging in the ages of 8 to 21 and lucky enough to be married to my favorite person in the world who lets her play in her craft room instead of watching man movies at night. When not doing laundry, this ex-fiber arts teacher loves to do ALL the crafts especially quilting, crochet and cross stitch. This bubbly, outgoing... Full bio »
View other episodes by Kim Oedekoven »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Kim Oedekoven demonstrates the techniques needed to create these owl and squirrel wool felt ornaments.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Trace and cut out template patterns from freezer paper.
- Embellish the squirrel with embroidered fly stitches, button and hanger.
- Blanket stitch the pieces together and lightly stuff ornaments with fiberfill.
- Add finishing touches including the noses, eyes, holly and ribbon.
Owl Ornament Size: 4½" x 4½"
Squirrel Ornament Size: 3½" x 4"
- Small piece each wool felt: taupe, white, brown, sienna, gold, golden brown and dark green
- Embroidery floss to match felt and light gold
- 2 (10") lengths white pearl cotton size 5 or thin cord
- 2 (⅜"-diameter) black buttons
- 1 (3/16"-diameter) black button
- 1 small black pompom
- 12" (⅜"-wide) sheer red ribbon
- Small amount fiberfill stuffing
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies