Cast-On & Bind-Off Knitting Workshop
Meet The Expert
Kate is a professional technical editor and a seasoned designer and teacher. Her first book, Beyond Knit & Purl , has been praised as the 21st century "Knitting for Anarchists" book, and her second book, Knit Accessories: Essentials & Variations , was published in late 2012 to great acclaim. Kate regularly teaches at stores and events across North America, including Vogue... Full bio »
View other episodes by Kate Atherley »
In this class you'll learn:
- How to make a perfect slip knot
- How to work the cable cast-on, long-tail cast-on and backward-loop cast-on
- How to work the standard bind-off, suspended bind-off, k2tog bind-off, lace bind-off and three-needle bind-off
- How to bind off in pattern
- When to use each of these methods to achieve edges that are stretchy, tight, extra-durable or decorative
You can view online classes at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie’s online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.