In this class you'll learn how to:
- Understand sewing terms used in all commercial patterns.
- Use essential sewing tools and notions.
- Choose and coordinate fabrics.
- Place, cut out and pin a pattern to fabric.
- Wind a bobbin, thread the machine, and insert a needle.
- Sew basic stitches including running, zigzag and basting stitches.
- Make stitches longer or shorter.
- Press seams to reduce bulk.
- Turn long skinny sewn pieces inside out.
- Gather and hem projects.
- Layer projects with batting and backing.
- Attach handles, hook-and-loop tape and yo-yos.
Learn to Sew streaming online class and DVD include full video and written instructions to make the Handy Baking Dish Carrier and Posies & Pocket Apron. If you purchase Handy Baking Dish Carrier and/or Posies & Pocket Apron single-project online workshop(s) and later purchase Learn to Sew, you can receive credit for the single-project workshop(s) by emailing Customer_Service@AnniesCraftStore.com or calling 1-800-282-6643.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.