Winter Birds Embroidered Ornaments
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally sets aside the quilter's cotton to show how to create these feathered friends with felted wool and simple embroidery stitches.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Work with felted wool.
- Embroider four simple stitches.
- Assemble and stuff the Winter Birds ornament.
Materials given make 2 ornaments.
- 10" x 16" rectangle red felted wool (or wool felt)
- 40" length 3/8"-wide sheer red ribbon
- White, red, yellow and green embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Polyester fiberfill
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies