Ticker-Tape Elephant Wall Hanging: Part 1
Meet The Expert
In this part 1 of 3 Quilter's Skill Builders online video classes brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally demonstrates how to print out the pattern at 100% and tape together your multi-piece elephant diagram. You'll then see how to take large elephant pattern and transfer it onto your 40" piece of background fabric using a window or light box and a water-soluble marker.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Dig through your scrap stash for color-coordinated fabrics.
- Print the pattern pieces at 100%.
- Tape the pattern pieces together into the correct position.
- Find the center of your 40-inch square fabric.
- Transfer the elephant pattern onto your fabric.
Finished Size: 40" x 40"
- Assorted coordinating scraps
- Assorted 2 1/4" by 10" - 20" scrap strips to total 175" when joined for binding
- 1 3/8 yards cream solid
- 2 7/8 yards backing
- Batting 48" x 48"
- 1 skein coordinating color embroidery floss or pearl cotton
- Size 5 embroidery needle
- 1 1/4 yards 18"-wide fusible web
- Basic sewing tools and supplies