Ticker-Tape Elephant Wall Hanging: Part 2
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally demonstrates how to piece the fused applique shapes onto the background fabric within the elephant outline. She gives special attention to how you can get the curved lines and arcs of the elephant's body to turn out just right.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Pick a color family from your scrap fabric collection.
- Mix up your fabrics so you don't have to of the same piece side by side.
- Outline the elephant with a big-stitch running stitch using 6 strands of embroidery floss.
- Begin to add pieces to fill in the elephant's body on the background fabric.
Finished Size: 40" x 40"
- Assorted coordinating scraps
- Assorted 2 1/4" by 10" - 20" scrap strips to total 175" when joined for binding
- 1 3/8 yards cream solid
- 2 7/8 yards backing
- Batting 48" x 48"
- 1 skein coordinating color embroidery floss or pearl cotton
- Size 5 embroidery needle
- 1 1/4 yards 18"-wide fusible web
- Basic sewing tools and supplies