How to Create a Flange Binding
Meet The Expert
Nancy McNally is passionate about every aspect of quilting -- designing, piecing, quilting and binding. Full bio »
View other episodes by Nancy McNally »
In this Quilt & Sew Tips online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally demonstrates how to create a flange binding which some call piped binding.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Pick two contrasting binding fabrics -- one for the binding and one for the piping.
- Use a walking foot when doing this technique.
- Keep your binding tidy when sewing binding strips together.
- Join your binding strips at a perfect 45-degree angle.
- Sew perfect mitered corners.