Technique - Sew
You see them everywhere -- gorgeous and expensive designer handbags made with beautiful fabrics. Now sewers with beginner skills can learn how to sew their own designer handbag with basic supplies and a sewing machine! No need to pay high prices at those fancy boutiques!
In this class, sewing expert Nancy Green will show you step-by-step how to make a stunning batik handbag with lots of pockets and space inside. Her original purse design, included with the class, gives you options for a solid or pieced fabric bag front and back, interior and exterior pockets, long or short straps and a tall or shorter bag. You'll love all the options you get in this class!
In this class, you'll learn:
Beginner sewers who can thread their machine and sew a straight line will be able to successfully complete this class.
- How to perfectly measure and cut fabric pieces
- How to create a pieced front and back
- How to create a button loop closure
- How to insert a magnetic clasp
- How to create outside lined pockets
- How to sew an inside lining with pockets
- How to add tucks to create bag shaping
- How to add bag ties and straps
- How to use fusible materials including fleece, heavy-weight stabilizer and extra-firm stabilizer to give your bag shape that will last for years
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems.
Also Available as an Annie's Online Class
Video Length: 3 Hours
Skill Level: Beginner