Technique - Crochet
Join expert instructor Ellen Gormley as she teaches how to crochet three beautiful and beloved lace techniques -- hairpin lace, broomstick lace and Bruges lace. In just one class, you'll learn how to assemble and use a hairpin lace loom, how to properly hold a large knitting needle and crochet hook to make broomstick lace, and how short rows worked with a simple crochet hook becomes elegant Bruges lace. You'll love all the possibilities with these gorgeous lace techniques and will be thrilled to add these skills to your crochet repertoire.
In addition to the video content, this class also includes step-by-step patterns and symbol diagrams for crocheting six exclusive class projects (see photos below). Gentle Waves Hairpin Lace Scarf and Simply Elegant Hairpin Lace Scarf will complement many outfits. The Baby Love Broomstick Blanket is perfect for the expectant mother and Broomstick Lace Shawlette will win praise from family and friends. Finally, two Bruges lace projects, Bruges Lace Tunic and Sunbeam Bruges Lace Table Runner, will showcase your newfound skills.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
Confident beginner crocheters able to chain, slip stitch, work single, half double and double crochet stitches will be able to successfully complete this class.
- Assemble and use a hairpin lace loom.
- Join hairpin lace panels.
- Work hairpin lace as a right- or left-hander.
- Determine which supersize knitting needle and regular crochet hook to use for broomstick lace.
- Increase and decrease in broomstick lace.
- Crochet strips of Bruges lace and join them into a beautiful, lacy fabric.
- Read crochet symbol charts.
- Block your finished projects to show off each stitch.
- Crochet six exclusive projects including scarves, baby blanket, tunic, table runner and shawlette.
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems. All Annieĺs online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Also Available as an Annie's Online Class
Video Length: 3 Hours 30 Minutes
Skill Level: Confident Beginner