Learn Continental Knitting Class DVD
- Comfortably hold the yarn and needles in your hands.
- Work the long-tail cast-on and Norwegian cast-on.
- Cast-on using regular needles, double-point needles and a circular needle.
- See how the Norwegian cast-on creates a sturdy but stretchy edge great for edges on socks and hat.
- Knit, purl and create attractive texture by working rib stitch, moss stitch and seed stitch.
- Work a stretchy 2 x 2 rib and a smoother 1 x 1 rib.
- Increase and decrease.
- Pick up stitches and bind off.
- Create a very even, smooth seam ideal for joining two pieces together with the 3-needle bind-off.
- Work a simple cable design.
- Work easy stranded knitting with a Fair Isle swatch.
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Video Length: 1 Hours 45 Minutes
How do you like this product?
Share your thoughts with the Annie's community.
May 31, 2018
Lena demonstrates continental knitting; she does not teach the technique. She shows how she holds the yarn and how to make the knit and purl stitches. She then moves on to demonstrating other knit techniques that most any knitter with even minimum experience already knows. There are no skill building or finger exercises to assist in learning how to hold needles and/or yarn. What she demonstrates is available free on numerous YouTube channels (other people of course). I crochet and knit (English style) I wanted more help with the different (continental) knitting technique and this video didn't come close to providing that. Unless you feel you must have the knitted hoodie sweater pattern, I would pass on this class/DVD. Very disappointed!
September 9, 2017
As a beginning knitter, this video made so many more things make sense! It gave me confidence to try so many more techniques. Lena is a good teacher.
June 11, 2017
I enjoyed the DVD it was very easy to follow. I have switched my regular knitting to Continental knitting. I look forward to trying pattern on the CD that was included.
January 13, 2017
I found the video easy to follow. Being able to watch it many times was very helpful. I am used to English knitting, so I know the basics. I'm sure anyone will find this most enjoyable and helpful.