The Bistro Quilt
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Linda Augsburg demonstrates how to make this eye-catching beginner Bistro Quilt. She'll guide you in choosing a variety of light and dark fabrics to provide contrast, explain the importance of nesting your seams and how to follow a cutting diagram to make the most efficient use of your fabric.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Choose a mix of light and dark fabrics so the pattern will pop.
- Follow a fabric cutting diagram so you don't waste fabric.
- Nest your seams to reduce bulk.
- Identify selvedge and learn why you avoid using it.
- How to cut and subcut your fabric.
Skill Level: Beginner
Quilt Size: 48" x 64"
Block Size: 16" x 16"
Number of Blocks: 12
- Digital print panel with 8 fat quarters in rose*
- Digital print panel with 8 fat quarters in olive*
- (Or use fat quarters as follows:
- 5 fat quarters medium-dark rose
- 3 fat quarters light rose
- 5 fat quarters medium-dark olive
- 3 fat quarters light olive)
- 1/2 yard olive batik*
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Basic sewing tools and supplies