Learn to Embroider Part 8: French Knot
Meet The Expert
In this Quilt & Sew Tips online video class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, embroidery expert Linda Augsburg demonstrates how to make French knots of varying sizes by using multiple wraps of thread around the needle or by increasing the number of strands of thread. Learn why Linda prefers to use more strands and fewer twists to create French knots.
In this online video class, you'll learn how to:
- Embroider French knots that won't slip through your fabric.
- Create large and small French knots.
- Stitch larger knots to create striking accents.
- Prevent a high, long knot that is stacked up on the fabric.
- Embroider French knots on fabric as well as on crochet pieces.