Let Heaven & Nature Sing Wall Hanging
Meet The Expert
Surrounded by fabric and farmland, Linda Augsburg loves playing with patterns and prints, and she dreams of a day when she can finish a sewing project at the same moment that the bobbin empties. Full bio »
View other episodes by Linda Augsburg »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class tutorial brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Linda Augsburg demonstrates how to sew and embroider this wintry wall hanging.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Place and trace words onto the fabric.
- Trace patterns onto fusible web for applique.
- Blanket stitch around the pieces.
- Hand embroider letters, arms and other decorative stitches.
- Make 3-D bowtie.
Finished Size: Wall Hanging Size: 14" x 14"
- 11½" A square gray with white dot
- ⅛ yard red tonal
- ¼ yard green tonal
- ⅛ yard white dot
- Small piece each red dot, black solid, black/white check, orange and green tonals
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- 3/16"-diameter buttons: 2 black and 1 red
- ⅝"-diameter buttons: 2 black and 6 white
- Embroidery floss: black and orange
- Template material
- Fusible web with paper release
- 11½" square ultra lightweight fusible interfacing (optional)
- Basic sewing tools and supplies