Technique - Quilt
Learn the techniques and tips to develop your free-motion machine quilting skills!
If you cringe when handing over your precious quilts to someone else to finish, then it's time to learn how to finish them yourself using your domestic sewing machine. Machine-quilting expert Wendy Sheppard remembers what it's like to learn how to machine quilt—the fear and frustration, but more importantly, the satisfaction at learning valuable machine-quilting skills. Her experience and expertise will guide you and give you the confidence to beautifully quilt your projects.
In this quilting class, you will:
Practice each quilting technique as you create a 24" x 24" tone-on-tone sampler wall hanging included in the class.
- Discover which threads, needles, batting and notions work best with machine quilting
- Learn how to securely start and stop stitching
- Discover how to imprint quilt motifs in your brain before taking them to the sewing machine
- Practice and learn straight-line stitching close together and far apart parallel lines, corners and crosshatching
- Learn free-motion quilting techniques stippling, swirly vines, interchanging vine, allover swirls, jester's hat, single and double echoing, and pebbles.
Learning these techniques and quilting motifs will greatly enhance and broaden your ability to finish your quilts, allowing you to add more texture, depth and beauty to your quilted creations.
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems.
Also Available as an Annie's Online Class
Video Length: 1 Hours 35 Minutes
Skill Level: Beginner