Technique - Quilt
Have you ever wanted to make a T-shirt quilt? Do you have a soon-to-be graduate in your life with a big stack of special T-shirts that he or she won’t wear anymore? Do you have T-shirts full of memories from family vacations stacked in dresser drawers? If so, then a T-shirt quilt may be just what you need to make.
Join expert T-shirt quilter Nancy Scott as she demonstrates step-by-step how to make a memory quilt for a graduate. Everything you learn from this quilt can be applied to any other T-shirt quilt. Even if you’ve never made a quilt before, if you can sew a straight line on a sewing machine, you can make a T-shirt quilt!
In this class you’ll learn how to:
Class includes complete instructions to make three exclusive projects: Graduate’s Memory Quilt, Family Vacation Quilt and Double-Framed Pillow.
- Choose and prepare T-shirts for inclusion in a quilt.
- Inventory the T-shirts and begin the design process.
- Cut and stabilize the T-shirts for inclusion in a quilt.
- Lay out the T-shirts in a cluster or column layout.
- Create T-shirt blocks.
- Assemble the T-shirts into a quilt top.
- Make T-shirt borders than hang over a bed.
- Finish the quilt with quilting, binding, embellishments and labels.
Note: Annie's DVD video classes include a CD with downloadable and printable class project instructions, materials lists and diagrams. DVDs are compatible with North American DVD players, and PC and Macintosh computer systems.
Also Available as an Annie's Online Class
Video Length: 3 Hours 34 Minutes
Skill Level: Beginner