Flaptastic Bag Sewing Pattern
Show off your style with this fun purse pattern!
Fabric Requirements: (extra fabric may be needed for directional prints)
- Exterior- 1/2 yard
- Lining- 3/4 yard
- Contrast- 1/2 yard (for Pocket Flap, Strap Liner & Credit Card Slots - we recommend that this fabric be in direct contrast to the main exterior fabric)
- Blender- 1/3 yard (for Front Pocket, Bag Front & Zip Panels - we recommend that this fabric be one that blends with the main exterior fabric)
- Fusible Interfacing- 7/8 yard x 20" wide (we recommend Fashion Fuse by Bosal)
- Fusible Fleece- 1/3 yard x 46" wide (we recommend Thermolam by Pellon)
- Soft & Stable by Annie- one 12.5" x 27.5" piece
Designed by Kathy Southern for Studio Kat Designs.
How do you like this product?
Share your thoughts with the Annie's community.
September 5, 2021
I'm making this for my daughter for Christmas. My only complaint is it would be nice if the ordering page included we'll need the magnet closure hardware in order to finish the purse. Otherwise, I'd give it 5 points. I would have ordered the magnet with the pattern, had I known.
August 23, 2020
Overall this is a great bag pattern. Well designed. The only drawback I have is the way the pattern is printed. The alignment tabs are pointed in toward the seam line instead of out. On the pattern directions, the illustrations show them pointed out. Consistency, please.