In this video class, Gyleen demonstrates making both a traditional pineapple block and pineapple chunk block from start to finish. She'll teach you her exclusive method built for speed, using her pineapple tool. You'll soon be completing many quilt blocks in just one evening with her no-pinning, no-stress method. You'll also learn how to add a fussy-cut motif to the center of your pineapple block, and how to make a medallion quilt. As an added bonus, you'll discover how to jazz up your pineapple quilts with raw-edge fusible applique.
In this class you'll learn how to:
- See the similarities between a log cabin block, pineapple block and pineapple chunk block.
- Create beautiful secondary patterns with light and dark color variations.
- Cut, piece and sew a traditional pineapple block from start to finish.
- Sew an even faster variation called the pineapple chunk.
- Use a fussy-cut piece for the center and round 1.
- Replace blocks with a large pineapple medallion.
- Jazz up your quilts with raw-edge applique.
- Use Gyleen's amazing pineapple tool for easy and precise assembly and trimming.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.