Meet The Expert
Rachel is the wife, mother of three (soon to be four!), designer, blogger and crochet teacher behind the Cozy Nooks Designs blog . She loves to design home decor crochet patterns and finds herself gravitating toward boho and farmhouse vibes. Her favorite crochet projects are Christmas tree skirts because they are what initially propelled her designing career. A true creator at... Full bio »
View other episodes by Rachel Alford »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, crochet expert Rachel Alford demonstrates how to crochet Halloween Swag.
In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
- Crochet the cat's head and ears.
- Master single crochet decrease stitches.
- Create and attach the eyes and whiskers.
- Assemble and finish the Halloween Swag.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Finished Size: Swag:3 x 13 inches plus hanging loops Ornaments: 3 x 25/8 inches wide
- Aunt Lydia’s Classic size 10 crochet cotton (350 yds per ball):
- 1 ball each #12 black, #431 pumpkin and #421 goldenrod
- Size 7/1.65mm steel crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Washable fabric glue
- 3/16-inch-wide black picot-edge satin ribbon: 22 inches
- Cotton Swab
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle