Chunky Monkey Mittens
Meet The Expert
Ashley Parker is the designer and instructor behind The Loopy Lamb crochet blog who strives to inspire others with her clear, modern and fun crochet patterns and online tutorials. She learned to crochet as a child but relearned the craft as an adult and became totally hooked. Ashley is a Canadian mom of two who loves coffee, Harry Potter, and all things yarn. Ashley loves to... Full bio »
View other episodes by Ashley Parker »
In this Learn, Make, Create! online video class tutorial brought to you by Annieís Creative Studio, crochet expert Ashley Parker of The Loopy Lamb demonstrates how to the crochet this cozy winter accessory.
In this online video class, youíll learn how to:
- Choose coordinating solid and variegated yarns.
- Crochet with chunky-weight yarn.
- Stitch the body of the mittens.
- Crochet the thumb.
- Stitch the folding cuff and sew on the button.
One size fits most
- Deborah Norville Cuddle Fleece bulky (chunky) weight polyester yarn (3Ĺ oz/110 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein #2003 sassy
- Deborah Norville Serenity Chunky Heathers bulky (chunky) weight acrylic yarn (3Ĺ oz/109 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein #0006 highland
- Sizes K/101/2/6.5mm and M/13/9mm crochet hooks orsizes needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
- 32mm #372 pink buttons by Blumenthal Lansing: 2
- Stitch marker
To add this pattern to your Annie's Creative Studio pattern library or to download it to your personal device, click on the Patterns tab above.