Learn to Piece Scrappy Borders
Meet The Expert
Annie Smith has been quilting since 1980 and teaching since 1984. She teaches nationally and internationally and loves to mentor quilters of all skill levels. She is well-known for machine appliqué but loves all types of quilting and designs her own quilts and patterns. She is a BERNINA Ambassador, an Aurifil Designer and a podcaster. She launched the first podcast for... Full bio »
View other episodes by Annie Smith »
In this class you'll learn how to:
- Make the Serpentine Border that creates a wave of color around your quilt.
- Use vintage prints to give the Sawtooth Border a sweet nostalgic feel.
- Create the Braid Border, which naturally leads the eye around the perimeter of the quilt.
- Easily construct the complicated-looking Star Anchor Border.
- Calculate floating borders so you can attach any pieced border to any quilt.
- Make half square triangles—the easy way.
Annie's online classes can be viewed online at your convenience, 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers.
Annie's Creative Studio subscribers can enjoy unlimited access to this online class while subscribed to Annie's Creative Studio. If you'd like to have lifetime access to this class, you can purchase the online class or DVD at www.AnniesOnlineClasses.com. The Ask the Instructor, Supplies and My Notebook features available with lifetime access are not available on Annie's Creative Studio.