The Bookcase Quiltalong: Part 3
Meet The Expert
Join expert quilter Nancy McNally in this Quilter's Skill Builders episode to learn how to perfect your fussy-cutting as you put your fabrics to work.
In this online class tutorial, you'll learn how to:
- Choose the words for book spines.
- Fussy-cut fabric motifs for The Bookcase quilt.
- Use specialty fussy-cutting templates from Martelli Enterprises.
- Small pieces 28 novelty prints, including black solid (black solid, terra cotta tonal, dark green batik, medium green tonal, light green tonal, black metallic oriental print, dark red tonal, gold tonal, orange leaf print, blue tonal, black metallic print, rust tonal, black-with-white dot, dark red solid, red plaid, black-and-white check, red metallic floral print, rust print, black swirl tonal, black background metallic fruit print, black and small white dot, green swirl tonal, dark brown tonal, white tonal, black-and-white stripe, medium scale floral print, black floral print and gold dot used to make sample)
- 1 yard gray dot
- 1 yard white tonal
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Gold embroidery floss
- Fine-point permanent marking pen
- Basic sewing tools and supplies