The Bookcase Quiltalong: Part 4
Meet The Expert
In this episode of Quilter's Skill Builders brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally shares tips to organize the parts and pieces of your Bookcase Quilt. She also demonstrates how to cut out the intricate applique shapes like the rooster weather vane and the ampersand and discusses the unique aspects of using monofilament thread.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Organize parts and pieces of The Bookcase Quilt.
- Work with monofilament thread.
- Cut out the intricate applique pieces.
- Small pieces 28 novelty prints, including black solid (black solid, terra cotta tonal, dark green batik, medium green tonal, light green tonal, black metallic oriental print, dark red tonal, gold tonal, orange leaf print, blue tonal, black metallic print, rust tonal, black-with-white dot, dark red solid, red plaid, black-and-white check, red metallic floral print, rust print, black swirl tonal, black background metallic fruit print, black and small white dot, green swirl tonal, dark brown tonal, white tonal, black-and-white stripe, medium scale floral print, black floral print and gold dot used to make sample)
- 1 yard gray dot
- 1 yard white tonal
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Gold embroidery floss
- Fine point permanent marking pen
- Basic sewing tools and supplies