The Bookcase Quiltalong: Part 8
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy McNally walks through the steps to build, fuse and stitch the fourth shelf of The Bookcase quilt.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Prepare clockface, jar and flowers.
- Arrange and fuse shelf four together.
- Machine stitch applique.
- Small pieces 28 novelty prints, including black solid (black solid, terra cotta tonal, dark green batik, medium green tonal, light green tonal, black metallic oriental print, dark red tonal, gold tonal, orange leaf print, blue tonal, black metallic print, rust tonal, black-with-white dot, dark red solid, red plaid, black-and-white check, red metallic floral print, rust print, black swirl tonal, black background metallic fruit print, black and small white dot, green swirl tonal, dark brown tonal, white tonal, black-and-white stripe, medium scale floral print, black floral print and gold dot used to make sample)
- 1 yard gray dot
- 1 yard white tonal
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Fusible web with paper release
- Template material
- Gold embroidery floss
- Fine point permanent marking pen
- Basic sewing tools and supplies