Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy Scott demonstrates how to properly cut the center diamond and piece the strips to form the Winter Diamonds block. She'll also walk through how to assemble the blocks on point. This pattern by Holly Daniels makes a finished size of 58 1/4" x 59 5/8".
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Piece the winter diamond block.
- Assemble blocks on point.
- Assemble bright and gray blocks to complete the Winter Diamonds quilt.
Skill Level: Intermediate
Quilt Size: 58 1/4" x 59 5/8"
Block Size: 9 1/4" x 15 7/8" finished
Number of Blocks: 23
- 1/4 yard each 15 bright batiks
- 4 1/3 yards medium gray batik
- Backing to size
- Batting to size*
- Template material
- 60-degree ruler (optional)
- Basic sewing tools and supplies