Posy in My Pocket Hot Pad
Meet The Expert
Sherry Duncan has an amazing wealth of craft knowledge. She not only brings experience and passion for quilting and sewing to the Annie's team and clients, but also an understanding of practical techniques in knit and crochet. She has published two knitting patterns. Full bio »
View other episodes by Sherry Duncan »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, sewing expert Sherry Duncan will demonstrate how to make this hot pocket project. It's a clever way to brighten your kitchen and upcycle jeans at the same time.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Sew and turn 3-D motifs.
- Fussy cut.
- Work with templates.
- Scrap orange/white dots fabric
- 5" x 8" rectangle green/white dots fabric
- 2 1/2" by fabric width strip blue dot for binding
- 1 back section from denim jeans
- 7 1/2" x 8 1/2" backing rectangle
- 7 1/2" x 8 1/2" needlepunched insulating batting*
- 7 1/2" x 8 1/2" cotton batting
- Scraps of batting for flower and leaves
- 3/4" white shank button
- 3/4" plastic ring (optional)
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies