Very Merry Christmas Quiltalong: Part 9
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting and sewing expert Heather Valentine walks through the applique technique you need to know to complete the Stars row of this festive quiltalong.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Center the applique on each block.
- Add decorative machine stitch detail to applique.
- Complete the Stars row of the Very Merry Christmas Quilt.
Finished Size: Quilt Size: 64" x 76"
- 1/8 yard pink solid
- 1/3 yard navy dot*
- 1/4 yard green snowman print*
- 1/3 yard brown solid
- 1/2 yard aqua print*
- 2/3 yard light green print*
- 1 1/2 yards red dot*
- 1 1/2 yards aqua dot*
- 1 1/2 yards white snowflake tonal*
- 1 3/4 yards green dot*
- 1 7/8 yards red print*
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Scraps of low to mid loft batting
- Fusible web with paper release
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) white buttons
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) black buttons
- 10 (5/8"-diameter) black buttons
- 6 (1/2"–3/4") carrot buttons
- 23 (5/8") red buttons
- 5 (3/4"-diameter) cover button kits
- White embroidery floss
- 1 package white medium 1/2"-wide rickrack
- Petite (30mm) yo-yo maker (optional)
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Special thanks to our sponsors!