Very Merry Christmas Quiltalong: Part 10
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting and sewing expert Heather Valentine reveals tips for how to perfectly piece the wreath block and nest seams to reduce bulk. You're sure to feel the comfort and joy when you finish this quilt!
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Piece the simple wreath block.
- Create a 3-D bow embellishment.
- Complete the final row of the Very Merry Christmas Quilt.
Finished Size: Quilt Size: 64" x 76"
- 1/8 yard pink solid
- 1/3 yard navy dot*
- 1/4 yard green snowman print*
- 1/3 yard brown solid
- 1/2 yard aqua print*
- 2/3 yard light green print*
- 1 1/2 yards red dot*
- 1 1/2 yards aqua dot*
- 1 1/2 yards white snowflake tonal*
- 1 3/4 yards green dot*
- 1 7/8 yards red print*
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Scraps of low to mid loft batting
- Fusible web with paper release
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) white buttons
- 12 (1/4"-diameter) black buttons
- 10 (5/8"-diameter) black buttons
- 6 (1/2"–3/4") carrot buttons
- 23 (5/8") red buttons
- 5 (3/4"-diameter) cover button kits
- White embroidery floss
- 1 package white medium 1/2"-wide rickrack
- Petite (30mm) yo-yo maker (optional)
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
Special thanks to our sponsors!