Oh Christmas Tree Wall Hanging: Part 1
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy Scott introduces this stunning quilted wall hanging that features a turned-edge applique tree that is embellished with embroidery stitches, beads, sequins, charms, buttons and more.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Choose fabrics and embellishments to personalize this pattern
- Prepare freezer paper templates.
Wall Quilt Size: 25 1/2" x 47 1/2"
- Scrap dark brown print
- 1 fat quarter metallic gold-on-white tonal
- 1/4 yard red metallic tonal
- 3/8 yard green metallic print
- 7/8 yard off-white tonal
- 7/8 yard green holly print
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Green size 8 pearl cotton
- Black embroidery floss
- Embellishments as desired: gold bugle beads, seed beads, 3/16" round and star-shaped sequins, 5/16" beveled sequins, 7/8" gold and silver paillettes, oval pearl beads, metal charms, small snowflake buttons and iridescent red seed beads were used to make sample
- Beading needle
- Freezer paper
- Spray starch
- Cotton swabs
- Basic sewing tools and supplies