Oh Christmas Tree Wall Hanging: Part 2
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy Scott demonstrates how to form the smooth turned edges of each applique piece and offers a couple options to attach the appliques to the background.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Piece the background.
- Cut and turn edges of the halo and tree branch applique pieces.
- Attach appliques to background.
Wall Quilt Size: 25 1/2" x 47 1/2"
- Scrap dark brown print
- 1 fat quarter metallic gold-on-white tonal
- 1/4 yard red metallic tonal
- 3/8 yard green metallic print
- 7/8 yard off-white tonal
- 7/8 yard green holly print
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Green size 8 pearl cotton
- Black embroidery floss
- Embellishments as desired: gold bugle beads, seed beads, 3/16" round and star-shaped sequins, 5/16" beveled sequins, 7/8" gold and silver paillettes, oval pearl beads, metal charms, small snowflake buttons and iridescent red seed beads were used to make sample
- Beading needle
- Freezer paper
- Spray starch
- Cotton swabs
- Basic sewing tools and supplies