Oh Christmas Tree Wall Hanging: Part 3
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter's Skill Builders class brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy Scott demonstrates the three embroidery stitches you'll use to decorate the lovely tree and inscribe the text of the traditional carol around the halo.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Embroider the tree garland with running stitch and lazy daisy stitch.
- Embroider the text around the halo with the stem stitch.
Wall Quilt Size: 25 1/2" x 47 1/2"
- Scrap dark brown print
- 1 fat quarter metallic gold-on-white tonal
- 1/4 yard red metallic tonal
- 3/8 yard green metallic print
- 7/8 yard off-white tonal
- 7/8 yard green holly print
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Green size 8 pearl cotton
- Black embroidery floss
- Embellishments as desired: gold bugle beads, seed beads, 3/16" round and star-shaped sequins, 5/16" beveled sequins, 7/8" gold and silver paillettes, oval pearl beads, metal charms, small snowflake buttons and iridescent red seed beads were used to make sample
- Beading needle
- Freezer paper
- Spray starch
- Cotton swabs
- Basic sewing tools and supplies