Oh Christmas Tree Wall Hanging: Part 5
Meet The Expert
In this Quilter’s Skill Builders episode brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy Scott demonstrates how to add the beautiful beads and other embellishments that will add shine and sparkle to your heirloom wall hanging.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to:
- Add bugle bead rays to the halo.
- Sew seed beads on the garland.
- Embellish tree branches with sequins, beads, buttons and more.
- Complete the Oh Christmas Tree quilt project.
Wall Quilt Size: 25 1/2" x 47 1/2"
- Scrap dark brown print
- 1 fat quarter metallic gold-on-white tonal
- 1/4 yard red metallic tonal
- 3/8 yard green metallic print
- 7/8 yard off-white tonal
- 7/8 yard green holly print
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Green size 8 pearl cotton
- Black embroidery floss
- Embellishments as desired: gold bugle beads, seed beads, 3/16" round and star-shaped sequins, 5/16" beveled sequins, 7/8" gold and silver paillettes, oval pearl beads, metal charms, small snowflake buttons and iridescent red seed beads were used to make sample
- Beading needle
- Freezer paper
- Spray starch
- Cotton swabs
- Basic sewing tools and supplies