Child Hoodie Blankie
Meet The Expert
First, knitting expert Rohn Strong will demonstrate how to knit the cuddly teddy bear blanket guaranteed to spark your child's imagination.
Next, Lena Skvagerson demonstrates the square-of-the-week, a pretty cabled block. Finally, Australian Jenny King shows us the crochet version bear blanket that resembles the Australian wombat -- a comical animal that looks like a short, stocky bear!
Materials You'll Need:
Crochet Bear Blanket
- King Cole Fashion Aran medium (worsted) weight acrylic/wool yarn (3-1/2 oz/219 yds/100g per ball): 7 balls #438 Islay (MC) 1 ball each #632 Orkney (A) and #318 Kintyre (B)
- Size J/10/6mm crochet hook for blanket or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size I/9/5.5mm crochet hook for nose and ears
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- 1-inch black button: 2
- King Cole Big Value Super Chunky (super bulky weight; 100% acrylic; 90 yds/100g per ball): 6 balls airforce #1759 (A), 2 balls redcurrant #3122 (B) and 1 ball oatmeal #14 (C)
- Size 11 (8mm) circular and double-point needles (2) or size needed to obtain gauge