Meet The Expert
Toni Lipsey is the designer and instructor behind TL Yarn Crafts. She strives to inspire others’ creativity through online tutorials and modern, approachable crochet patterns. Toni learned to crochet from her mother as a teenager and has been exploring the possibilities of yarn ever since. She is currently obsessed with making shawls in fun shapes and cozy sweaters. Follow her... Full bio »
View other episodes by Toni Lipsey »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode, crochet expert Toni Lipsey teaches beginners how start crocheting this sweater with the back panel and work from the bottom up.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Crochet the Kimono Cardi body in one piece.
- Add sleeves and wide collar.
- Showcase a gorgeous roving yarn with this creative design!
- Premier Yarns Aurora medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (3 1/2 oz/166 yds/100g per skein): 8 [8, 9, 10, 10, 11] skeins #1028-01 hearthside
- Size K/101/2 /6.5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size M/13/9mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
10 sts = 4 inches; 10 rows = 4 inches in pattern stitch with size K hook Take time to check gauge. Technique: Crochet
Skill Level: Intermediate