Flying Santa Wall Hanging
Meet The Expert
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, quilting expert Nancy Scott presents how to combine several techniques. In this festive project, you'll do traditional patchwork, raw-edge fusible and padded applique and fun 3-dimensional embellishments.
These techniques, combined with cheerful holiday fabric, come together in this Flying Santa Wall Hanging. You'll look forward to displaying it every year!
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Combine traditional patchwork.
- Prepare and perfect raw-edge and padded appliques.
- Arrange 3-dimensional embellishments for a fun effect.
- Complete the festive Flying Santa Wall Hanging.
- 52 (2 1/2") C squares assorted red, green, gold and white Christmas prints, tonals and dots
- Scraps black and white tonals and pink solid
- 1 fat quarter light yellow tonal
- 1 fat quarter red-with-green dots
- 1 fat quarter white tonal
- 1 fat quarter green Christmas print
- 1/3 yard red print
- Backing to size
- Batting to size
- Batting scrap
- Scrap lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1/2 yard 17"-wide fusible web
- Buttons: 2 (3/16"-diameter) black shank, 5 (3/16"-diameter) white flat, 1 (5mm) pink pearl bead
- Template material
- Basic sewing tools and supplies