U.S. Marine Corps Tartan Afghan
Meet The Expert
Toni Lipsey is the designer and instructor behind TL Yarn Crafts. She strives to inspire othersí creativity through online tutorials and modern, approachable crochet patterns. Toni learned to crochet from her mother as a teenager and has been exploring the possibilities of yarn ever since. She is currently obsessed with making shawls in fun shapes and cozy sweaters. Follow her... Full bio »
View other episodes by Toni Lipsey »
In this Learn, Make, Create! episode brought to you by Annie's Creative Studio, expert crocheter Toni Lipsey demonstrates the marvelous design of this pattern that uses five colors and a distinctive mesh and strip construction to model the U.S. Marine Corps Tartan plaid.
In this episode, you'll learn how to:
- Make the mesh base of the blanket.
- Crochet the chain strips.
- Assemble the U.S. Marine Corps Tartan Afghan and embellish with fringe.
- Red Heart Super Saver medium (worsted) weight acrylic yarn (7 oz/364 yds/198g per skein): 3 skeins #368 paddy green 2 skeins #387 soft navy 1 skein each #235 lemon and #319 cherry red
- Size H/8/5mm crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle
Special thanks to our sponsors!